Gel baits work very differently than what regular sprays and bombs do with cockroaches. Combat Max roach killing gel uses the same formula for killing roaches as the rest of the gel bait product does.
These products work anonymously like the secret agents working underground to safeguard the state.
You don’t see immediate results once you apply the roach-killing gel at places where cockroaches hide.
However, interestingly after a few days, the product starts kicking in, and you succeed at completely eradicating cockroaches if you have used the product correctly.
My quick take on Combat Max Roach Gel:
- It’s cheaper than the popular brands like Advion but still works wonders.
- It will eliminate roaches from the source by killing the entire colony. (100% Guaranteed)
- A Cockroach will die in a day after consuming it. Once dead, other roaches will eat the dead roach and will die as well.
- It’s easy to apply and creates no mess like boric acids and sprays.
- Will kill the roaches in the hidden nests and spots, making no mess.
- It will take 14-28 days before you stop entirely seeing any more roaches.
- You will need to reapply after 60-90 days.
- Active Ingredient: Fipronil
I am personally a fan of gel baits, and Combat Max Roach Killing Gel is one of them you can trust on.
It is very effective in exterminating roaches, and many people have got similar results.
Typical insecticide sprays only control the population growth of roaches but can never eliminate them entirely. You will need a gel bait for complete elimination.
So compared to insecticide spray, I will give Combat Max 9 points out of 10 and typical insecticide spray 7 out of 10.
I have used several products to exterminate roaches, from insecticide sprays to roach traps.
You will also be amazed to learn that all professional exterminators use gel baits to get rid of roaches. These gel baits are their secret weapons.
Tired of cockroaches? Invest in only these products and follow the guide to eliminate roaches!
Use these products, and you will be roach free in less than a week.
1. Advion Cockroach Gel Bait (Review)
2. Gentrol IGR Point Source (Review)
Other Products to try:
1. Combat Roach Traps (Easy than gel baits)
2. Hot Shot Foggers (To kill in masses – 95%)
3. Pet Safe Killers (Uses Essential Oils)
4. Ortho Defence Outdoor Roach Killer (Prevent Roaches)
How Effective is Combat Roach gel?
Every roach gel is not effective at killing roaches. Some market products are terrible and just a waste of money and time. Therefore you must invest in products that are effective at exterminating roaches.
Combat roach gel is among the few best products; effective, easy to use, and highly affordable.
Once you apply the combat roach gel at specific locations, all you need to do is to wait and trust in the process.
It takes time before you see results in the form of cockroaches disappearing. It is less likely that you will come across dead roaches; instead, roaches will only start to disappear.
There are a few brands I trust when it comes to gel baits, and they are as under.
- Advion Cockroach Gel Bait (Most Popular)
- Combat Roach Killing Gel Bait (Second Most Popular)
- Harris Roach Gel (They recently launched this product)
- Maxforce Roach Gel (An underrated Product)
- Vendetta Roach Gel Bait (A good product)
Ok, there is a confession I have to make: I have tried even the cheapest gel baits off-the-shelf from my local stores, and they were also equally good in getting rid of roaches.
So, in general, this idea of killing a roach while it goes back to its nest and then being eaten by other roaches to die is genius.
So, if you buy any of these gel baits, it will work the same.
However, here are a few things that make Combat Gel Stands Out:
1. Sold in a pack of ‘One Syringe’:
Combat Roach Gel bait comes in a pack of single syringes (60 Grams), which is enough to take care of 1000s of roaches.
You don’t need to apply too much; a pinch is enough. Learn more here: How do exterminators get rid of roaches?
2. Time & Customer Tested
So, it’s almost impossible for me (not being an exterminator) to test out Combat Gel Bait multiple times.
So, if we look at the popularity and feedback from other 1000s of customers, we soon conclude that Combat Roach Gel Bait works in most scenarios.
It may not work in a few exceptional cases when it’s not applied correctly. More about that coming in the blog post.
One of the best things about Combat Roach Gel Bait is its price point. You can find it under $8 most of the time on Amazon, which is extremely cheap if you compare it with other brands, other products like sprays, bombs, etc, and the cost you will have to pay an exterminator.
Believe me, if you had hired an exterminator, he would have used the same product (Maybe a different brand).
So a fantastic product price-wise.
4. Time to Act:
The time required for a Combat Roach Gel to work can vary depending on different scenarios.
There is a thing known as “Bait Competition”. This means that if there is a ton of food available for roaches to select from, it will become a little hard to convince roaches to consume the gel bait.
So it is highly recommended to place the bait where roaches tend to hide. Secondly, you need to take extra care of any leftover food, and cleanliness. Also, make sure to empty your bins in time.
So, if the roaches consume the gel bait right away, you will start seeing results in less than a week. Otherwise, it can take 2-3 weeks before the roaches start disappearing.
5. Ease of Use:
The great thing about Combat Roach Gel is that it’s ready to use. You don’t have to set up the syringe yourself.
Just remove the cap at the tip and you are ready to go.
Here is a summary of all of the above features and my value score.
|Features||Value Score out of 10|
|Time to Act (In comparison to sprays)||7|
|Ease of Use||9|
Have you heard about Blaberus Giganteus; The Mexican Cockroach? Read this interesting article to know more.
Other Great Combat Products
- Start killing small roaches in hours
- Prevent them from returning for up to 12 months
- Easy to use
- Simply place them where roaches are found
- Best for under sinks, behind toilets, and behind appliances
- 18 child-resistant bait stations are included
- No vapor, fumes, mess, or odor.
- Kills ants and roaches by contact
- Visual reference of treated areas
- Foam expands into hard-to-reach places where pests hide
- Dries invisible and keeps killing for up to 10 months (German cockroaches on non-porous surfaces)
- Roaches find the bait strips and eat the bait.
- Roaches carry the bait back to the nest
- Stick the strip to a clean surface. Discard film in trash. Use all strips at once.
- For indoor and outdoor (adjacent to home) use
- This package contains 10 roach killing bait strips.
- Easy to use
- Leaves little to no mess
- Gel bait kills ants and the entire colony
- High water content encourages faster feeding, so it starts killing within an hour
- Provides fast control of ants within 3 to 5 days
- A syringe applicator lets you place the gel in hard-to-reach areas
- Ready-to-use directly from the syringe for fast, easy application
- Kills the colony.
- Provides long-lasting ant killing power
- Kills ants quickly
- No vapor, fumes, or odor.
- This package contains 6 ant killing bait stations.
- Easy to use
- Leaves little to no mess
- Ants find the bait strips and eat the bait.
- Ants carry the bait back to the nest.
- Stick the strip to a clean surface. Discard film in the trash. Use all strips at once.
- For indoor and outdoor (adjacent to home) use
- This package contains 5 killing bait strips.
How does Combat Roach Gel work?
The Combat roach gel comes with an active ingredient Fipronil. Fipronil is a central nervous system poison that disrupts nerve signals in insects, including roaches.
Unlike other insecticides, Fipronil does not kill roaches instantaneously after entering the body. Instead, it starts its action after one day and usually kills the cockroach within two days.
This is why the combat roach gel does not kill roaches instantaneously. Instead, the combat roach gel kills the cockroach after two days of consumption.
This time gap is beneficial for exterminating the whole colony of cockroaches. Once a cockroach consumes the Combat roach gel, the gel also sticks to the legs and wings.
After the roaches return to their nest, they share the gel with other members of the cockroach colony, chance also killing them.
Electronic Cockroach Repellent; Does it work? Read this article to know more about this controversial product.
How to use Combat Gel Bait?
Correctly using the gel bait is very important for getting rid of roaches completely. If you apply too much, that will create a mess and will be of no use. If you apply in the wrong spots, that will be useless as well.
Below is an image showing the spots you should apply the gel bait.
It is very important to understand how much gel you should apply.
Combat Max Roach Gel vs Other Roach killing gel?
The idea of using gel bait is genius in itself. All gel baits work the same way and are highly efficient in getting rid of cockroaches.
The difference lies in the type of poison used to kill roaches. Some products are good at killing the roaches quickly, but their secondary and tertiary kill is ineffective.
Other manufacturers go down the path where the speed of getting rid of cockroaches is a little slow, but the depth cycle is quite vast, making sure to get rid of entire colonies of cockroaches.
There is no doubt that Advion is one of the most popular gel bait brand, followed by Combat, but there are some other great products that consists of new formulas like Maxforce Gel Baits, able to make a tertiary kill.
Tertiary kill means: Cockroach eats the bait and dies. The next cockroach eats the dead roach and dies. The third cockroach eats the dead roach died after eating the first dead roach.
What is Bait Rotation, and do I need to care?
According to a study, cockroaches can show resistance against a type of bait if it is successively introduced to a gel bait containing the same active ingredient.
So there is a process known as bait rotation. All you have to do is change the type of bait for every subsequent round of extermination to avoid resistance.
Resistance is terrible as it will then become extremely hard to eliminate roaches.
Types of Combat Roach Gel?
Combat Max Roach gel products are sold with different packing, prices, and volumes.
However, Combat Max roach gel has the same formula across the board, irrespective of the type of packing or price. Therefore, you should buy combat roach gel based on your needs.
You can buy combat roach gel at your local store or here on Amazon,
- Combat Max Roach Killing Gel for Indoor and Outdoor Use, 1 Syringe, 2.1 Ounces
- Combat Roach Killer Gel – 30 Gm (Pack of 2)
- Combat Roach Killing Gel Boxed 2.1 Oz
Best Combat Max Roach gel deal?
As I have mentioned above, all products made by Combat Max have the same efficacy and ability to kill roaches irrespective of the packing or the volume of gel it offers until the product is genuine and not fake.
However, for a house with 3-bed rooms with a moderate roach infestation, I suggest that the best Combat M.ax roach gel deal is to get this: Amazon Link.
This deal is far more reasonable in price, shipped quickly, and offers the appropriate gel volume.
My Personal Conclusion!
After using the Combat Max Roach gel bait for a month, I was satisfied with the results. Moreover, I saw no cockroaches for up to 5 months.
The one downside of the product is that it’s a little messy to use, and in some places like the kitchen, the gel dried out quickly.
However, it would help if you gave it a try.