Roaches roaming outside the house, especially at night on the patio and backyard, can be a real nuisance. The outdoor roaches tend to move indoors and cause a full-blown infestation, but they can also ruin your backyard parties and BBQs.
Interestingly, some of the best roach killers, such as traps and roach killer spray, work best indoors but fail to eliminate roaches outdoors. Therefore, you must get your hands on the best outdoor roach killer to solve your roach problem all at once.
I will share the tried and tested outdoor roach killers in this blog. In addition, I have extensively reviewed them based on various factors such as effectiveness, availability, cost-effectiveness, residual effect, safety profile, and eco-friendliness.
Here are my recommended top 3 best outdoor roach killers,
- For indoor and outdoor perimeter use
- Protects from roaches, ants, and other pests
- Efficient and easy to use
- Up to 12 months of protection under ideal conditions
- Kills cockroaches, ants, and other insects
- Fast-acting granules kill insects in 24 hours
- Keep insects out. For Outdoor use.
- Convenient, resealable shaker bag
- Kills roaches, ants, fleas, and more
- Attracts and Kills by suffocating roaches
- DE can be used indoors or outdoors
- OMRI Listed and compliant for use in organic gardening
Lets dive into the details of each recommended item on out list.
Tired of cockroaches? Invest in only these products and follow the guide to eliminate roaches!
Use these products, and you will be roach free in less than a week.
1. Advion Cockroach Gel Bait (Review)
2. Gentrol IGR Point Source (Review)
Other Products to try:
1. Combat Roach Traps (Easy than gel baits)
2. Hot Shot Foggers (To kill in masses – 95%)
3. Pet Safe Killers (Uses Essential Oils)
4. Ortho Defence Outdoor Roach Killer (Prevent Roaches)
List of the best Outdoor Roach Killer
Every product on Amazon with great reviews doesn’t mean that it is always the best. Unfortunately, many sellers on Amazon have opted for fake reviews and often sell counterfeits, or the product is not fit for the buyer.
Therefore, I am sharing the tried and tested top-rated outdoor roach killers and have reviewed them for you so that you don’t fall for the wrong product.
Here is the list of outdoor roach killers that I think are the best out there in the market,
1. Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer
Ortho home defense insect killer is no doubt the best outdoor roach killer available on the market. It is a 1.1-gallon container that contains a powerful insecticide.
I found this product effective against roaches and several insects, including ants, aphids, armyworms, beetles, black widow spiders, brown recluse spiders, and caterpillars.
Ortho Home Defense is the best outdoor roach killer because,
- It has a lasting residual effect (Killing roaches and baby nymphs for up to 5 months).
- It does not leave stains on walls nor destroy the paint.
- It has no smell, so it can also be used inside the kitchen, bedroom, etc.
- It comes with a prepacked electric spray, making it easy to use.
- The insecticide is hypoallergenic.
In my opinion, all these factors compel me to list it as the best outdoor roach spray.
To use it, apply a 4-inch barrier around baseboards, cabinets, windows, and other infested surfaces.
|Factors||Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer|
|Ease of Use||8|
|Cons||Counterfeit in the market|
2. TERRO Crawling Insects Killer
Terro Crawling insects killer is primarialy designed for ANTS, but works wonder with outdoor cockroaches trying to get into yout house.
The Terro Insect Killer is a BAIT. Which means, the roaches will have to consume it before they die.
Its NOT A KILL ON CONTACT chemical. Its food for them.
Its an amazing product to get rid of roaches outside the house. It comprises small granules that must be spread across the property, covering vegetation, corners, and roach hiding places.
After spreading them, lighly sprinkle water on them so the bait get activated. The granules will last for months even if its rains.
I found the Terro insect killer an effective outdoor roach killer. It effectively killed cockroaches, ants, fleas, and other bugs within 24 to 32 hours of use.
Since its a bait, it will kill more roaches when it goes back to the colony.
1 lb of granules effectively covers an area of 350 sq feet. Applying a thin layer renders Terro insect killer useless.
Moreover, it is not fit around pets, children, and vegetables. Therefore, you must be cautious when using it.
|Factors||TERRO Crawling Insects Killer|
|Ease of Use||7|
|Cons||It becomes useless if covered in dirt.|
3. Safer Diatomaceous Earth
If you are looking for the best outdoor roach killer that is a pet and children safe roach killer, Safer Diatomaceous earth powder is for you. It is very safe yet highly effective in killing roaches both indoors and outdoors.
However, Diatomaceous earth powder takes a considerable time to kill roaches as compared to other products. Therefore, this product might not be for you if you are looking for a fast-acting Outdoor roach killer.
The way this product works is by blocking the breathing holes of roaches and suffocating them to death. Hence its importat that the product should cover the insects when they are passing from the outdoors into your home.
I used this product to kill roaches outside the house, especially in the backyard and patios where plants are abundant. It gave me good results and successfully killed roaches, bugs, spiders, and ants.
One thing I didn’t like about Diatomaceous earth powder was that it needed to be applied in large quantities. Furthermore, it also needed reapplication after a few days to keep working. Read more about how to use DE for roaches here.
|Factors||Safer Diatomaceous Earth|
|Ease of Use||7|
|Cons||It becomes useless when wet/needs multiple applications|
Why are there so many roaches outside my house?
Cockroaches love a warm and humid climate and can’t survive temperatures above 115 or below 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Moreover, cockroaches are attracted to rotting food, filth, and ample damp, dark, and shady hiding places.
If there are so many roaches outside your house, the reasons might be,
- Sewerage holes with loose covers outside your house
- Uncovered garbage bins sitting around the house
- Close neighbors with a heavy roach infestation
- Your garden might have plenty of stacked rotting leaves and clutter that attract roaches
- Your garden might be damp